Counseling Solutions of West Michigan is a group of independent Counselors with their own private practices.
See below what Counselors accept specific insurances and the Counselors who are currently self-pay (private pay) only. Each Counselors self-pay (private pay) rate may vary from one Counselor to another.
We understand that using your mental health insurance can be slightly overwhelming. Before your first appointment, please ask the following questions of your insurance company.
- On the back of your insurance care is usually a 800-number in which you can call and verify your benefits with a customer service representative. You should confirm whether your Counselor is an in-network provider or not?
- Ask what is the effective date of coverage?
- Ask if you have a deductible and how much has been met?
- What is the percentage paid after the deductible has been met?
- After deductible is met, what is the copay amount?
- Do you need a referral from a Primary Care Physician?
- Is a pre-authorization required? If so, what is the number?
- How many sessions are authorized?
USING SELF PAY (PRIVATE PAY)
Ask your Counselor how much she will be charging for services. Some Counselors work with a sliding scale fee and others may have a flat session fee.